(Land) Pakistan: Al Khalid (MBT)
Zitat:Pakistan Army inducts first batch of Al-Khalid-I MBTs [...]

The Pakistan Army (PA) officially inducted into service its first batch of Al-Khalid-I main battle tanks (MBTs) in a ceremony held on 28 July at the facilities of state-owned defence manufacturer Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) in the Rawalpindi District of the Pakistan’s Punjab Province.

In a statement issued that same day, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the media wing of the Pakistani military, said that several units of the tank, which is an improved variant of the in-service Al-Khalid MBT, were handed over to the PA’s Armoured Corps. The video shows at least 20 Al-Khalid-Is lined up at the ceremony. [...] The Al-Khalid-I is part of a joint venture between Pakistan, China, and Ukraine, and is believed to be intended to replace approximately 300 Type 85 and 320 T-80UD MBTs. Compared with the Al-Khalid, the first units of which entered service in 2001, the upgrade is comprehensive and appears to be angled at making the design competitive with the Indian Army’s fleet of T-90S MBTs.
https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-...lid-i-mbts

Schneemann.

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
Pakistan: Al Khalid (MBT) - von Shahsavari - 29.08.2003, 14:11
RE: Pakistanische Streitkräfte (allgemein) - von Schneemann - 02.08.2020, 14:19

Gehe zu: